Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quick fixes for big dresses

Now that I work full time and can't pull off jeans every day, I'm finding my skirts and dresses and getting more wear than they ever used to. That's great, but it's a little challenging when most of them were secondhand in the first place, and they're threatening to wear out. I bite the bullet and bought a new dress from a good quality, ethically responsible store.

Unfortunately, it was a little big.

 

This is the smallest it comes. I loved the stripes so much, though, that I decided to make it work.


Viola! It only took 15 min of sewing to get the shape I wanted. I just pinned the rough outline I wanted, ran a seam, and kept tweaking it until I was happy. 

Oh, and the belt's from Goodwill. But you could have guessed that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers