Monday, October 15, 2012

Office chair redo

This isn't about my house, but it was a fun project. When I took my job I inherited a gorgeous wood desk, three paper clips, a small plastic smurf, and a functional but really boring office chair. As the youngest person in the building I figured it was my job to bring some life into the office.


I spent a long time debating just how lively I wanted to be... and went with the really bright one.


When I took this project on my sewing machine was in another state. So I cut the pieces in MI, took pictures so I would know how to line them up, and did the sewing in IL.



I basically followed the lines of the chair, leaving a half inch of wiggle room on each side. The tricky part was imagining how it would slide on and attach. I split the back of the chair from the bottom of the chair and left enough fabric to overlap and pin. The arms were tricky to work around--I ended up sewing ribbon ties onto the top fabric and sewed the bottom ones on when I knew how they would line up.


(Isn't my desk cute?)


By some miracle the slipcover turned out perfectly! It makes me smile every day when I come in to work. :)

Have you personalized your office space? Tell us about it!


2 comments:

  1. That office chair is so inviting to sit in. One would not mind working the whole day when he or she is on that fab chair. You deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can spend the whole day working in an office with that lovely chair. It looks comfortable and inviting to sit in.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers