Monday, October 15, 2012

Homemade kitchen island

The first week in my new kitchen was very nerve-wracking. I was never sure where to put things. I have lots of counter space, but the counters are on the opposite end of the room from the stove. I spent a few days running back and forth with hot pans before I got ticked off and drove to Home Depot.


Counters on one side...


...stove on the other. Yes, I used moving boxes as extra prep space.


At Home Depot I ran into Rich, who took all of my wild ideas and turned them into something manageable. He did all of the planning work and doesn't even get to use the finished product! 



I attempted building it alone, but realized that I couldn't hold everything in place and operate a drill by myself at the same time.


So I talked Jonathan into coming over to rescue me. What a guy.



I chose the tile to go with my plates. Doesn't it look like Tuscany?


A few weeks later I walked into Goodwill looking for 3 matching wooden stools, and there they were! They swivel and everything. A handmade island and secondhand stools completely changed the feel of my kitchen.




1 comment:

Popular Posts

Followers