Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas lights

Sometime in November I found Christmas lights in a thrift store and (after checking to make sure they worked) bought 4 strings without any idea what I was going to do with them. One string went up in my office, and I've finally found a place for the others.


The upstairs hallway is narrow, poorly lit, and never gets bright enough to trigger the sensor on a little night light that lives up there. So I brightened it up with two strings and the same command strips I used to hang Handel's Messiah.


I just followed the wood trim, attaching the clips to the wall as I went. Some tips:
  • Attach your clips and then let them set up before you start tugging at them
  • Place the clip opening in a logical way--you don't want your lights falling straight down or pulling out of the clip
  • Plan to place a clip at every curve, at least. Either put the clip right in the corner so the lights come all the way to the edge, or put two clips a little ways out from the corner on either side



When I posted a picture of my hallway on facebook a friend offered me a 7 foot Christmas tree to decorate. So now I have a tree! It's wrapped in the last string of lights, dotted with small gold ornaments, and topped with my thrift store star.


Hello, cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers