Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Decorating for the holidays

This is my first year to decorate for Christmas on my own! It's exciting and a little strange. Today we woke up to our first snow. It's just a little bit, but enough to make me want to bake and hang lights.


I think my street will be really cute once we get a real coat of snow.


I'm most excited about my wreath. I've wanted one like this for a long time, and I finally caught one at 60% off.  
The star was a thrift store find. I picked it up at the beginning of November for a dollar. Of course I don't actually have a tree for it to top, but it was too cute to pass up.


I've even updated my magnets for winter. They're scrabble tiles on sticky magnetic backing. Really easy to make and really fun to use! Of course I sometimes have to substitute letters, and it's amazing how often I find  mild obscenities on the fridge after friends have been over.


And I have part of Handel's Messiah strung across my ceiling! Don't worry--I'll put the instructions in an upcoming post. It's the most festive part of my house right now, and I'm so glad I did it!


Update! I've also decked the hall (singular) and put up a tree. Check it out.


How are you decorating this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers