Saturday, December 15, 2012

Back hall of shame

There are a few rooms in this house that make me wonder if it's worth the effort to update them. The back hall of shame is one of those.

In theory it's a pantry and a little landing space for the outside door. I use it for neither.



I'm quite sure something used to live back there. Gross.




There are nice shelves and cabinet doors, but they need a lot of love.


Contact paper and botched paint jobs--every renter's dream.


Apparently the previous owner painted the house with a sprayer, and forgot to avoid the windows. Really?



This door locks, but it doesn't seal. Dirt frequently blows under the door, and it's usually only about 10 degrees warmer than outside. Anything I store here will have to be freeze-safe. 

When it gets warmer I might try to work on this space. I would weatherproof the door, deep clean everything, rip out the contact paper, replace the broken handles, and paint. I think the cabinets and door should stay white, but the rest of the room could be a cheerful light yellow. Or maybe a beige-y terra cotta. We'll see when the time comes. Right now there's no way I'm spending more time there than I have to!

Do you have a room of shame? How do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers