Friday, December 28, 2012

Collections: light switches

Since this house has gone through many owners, many tenants, and many decades, it has ended up with an eclectic mix of fixtures and materials. These are small details that don't come through in other posts, so this is a chance for me to show you the "collections" in this house.

Just like the outlets, there seem to be a lot of ways to install light switches.


(Ok, the naked one is my fault. I'm still working on a painted stencil in the dining room.)



That creepy dirty one with the chain is part of the back hall of shame. Expect a post on that sucker pretty soon.


The dark one is the stairway with that horrible texture I can't clean. Just think how many hands have searched for that switch over the years. Gross.



Yes, that one on the right is on a door frame.


Aren't they nice? I've been trying to figure out why some are close to door frames, some are pretty far away from the door frame, and one is smack in the middle of a door frame. And the two black switches I can't figure out at all.

Does your house have any quirks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers