Sunday, December 9, 2012

Collections: sconces

Since this house has gone through many owners, many tenants, and many decades, it has ended up with an eclectic mix of fixtures and materials. These are small details that don't come through in other posts, so this is a chance for me to show you the "collections" in this house.

These are all the sconces in the house. I actually really like that each room is different. It's a little bit of character that I wouldn't have the patience to put in a house I actually owned.





Yes, that's a bare bulb. Apparently the previous tenants made off with the globe. 
Aren't they kind of fun? 3 of them have the switch built into the lamp, 3 of them have switches on another part of the wall, and 3 of them have switches directly below them. It keeps me guessing when I'm not quite awake yet.

Would you mix up the lights in your house this much or do you prefer continuity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers