Friday, October 26, 2012

Nesting

There were a few weeks after I landed the job and before I had found an apartment. It took me 4 weeks of searching online, calling landlords, driving 400 miles every weekend, and visiting lousy apartment after lousy apartment. I was stressed, and that made me want to nest. 

I knew I wanted to incorporate Italian tiles into my decor. On a whim, I decided to make pillows that looked like tiles.


I printed out black and white copies of the tiles, taped them to the window, and traced them with sharpies. It was time-intensive, but I love the results. I ironed the fabric to set the sharpie. 





I wanted an authentic coffee sack, but I couldn't find any with words that meant anything to me. I spent a semester in Honduras in 2010, and some of my best memories were made over coffee. It translates to "For every morning, coffee. Product of Honduras. Harvest of 2010."


I went a little pillow crazy... I made all but three of those pillows.

Have you had crazy nesting periods in your life? What did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers