Sunday, October 21, 2012

Black and white and feathered all over

I have a rather small bathroom. It's beautiful, though, and contains some of my favorite pieces in the house. I have a lovely white clawfoot tub, black and white flooring, and an oval vintage mirror.



Growing up I was really lanky and awkwardly tall and skinny. Eventually the rest of me filled out, but for several years I had bizarrely long, stick-shaped legs. It wasn't long before I realized I could identify with flamingos and their logic-defying legs.



So I had all this flamingo decor in storage, and I figured the bathroom was the perfect place. Since it's such a small space, I wanted the color scheme to be really simple. Black, white, and pink it is.


Aren't these built-ins cute? I love the little shelves behind the door. You can't really tell in the picture, but 2 of the baskets on the shelf are shaped like clawfoot tubs.






It's crowded, but I think the black and white help minimize the visual distractions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers