Saturday, October 20, 2012

Brightening up the dining room

I love that I have a dining room and I love the windows in it, but let's be honest: it's an empty, boringly white room. Here's a shot of my stunningly boring ceiling.


Thanks to clearance sections and experience living in similarly boring dorm rooms, I've accumulated quite a collection of paper lanterns that I've hung in every place I've lived.


I always lay out the lanterns on the floor before I start hanging. That way I know I won't end up with all small lanterns on one side or all the warm colors clumped together. Once I like the arrangement I hop on a chair and move them from the floor to the ceiling. 


I hang my lanterns with command hooks and loops of fishing line. The command hooks make for easy removal (and I only have to get new strips instead of re-buying the whole set), and the fishing line gives some freedom of movement and height variety.


Ta-da! A little bit of life. Stay tuned to see what I do to the dining room walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers