Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rug swap

Confession: this post isn't about anything secondhand or homemade. But it is about making my space comfortable and inviting, so I'll include it.


First I thought I wanted a warm round rug. I thought the round shape would accommodate my unusual furniture placement. The rug was supposed to be a warm gold, but it wasn't. So I sent it back.


Then I thought I wanted something bright and youthful, so I went with this rug. It reminds me of a peacock, and I thought it would pick up the blues and greens in my other pillows. But it was too busy for the room and stuck out oddly past the furniture, so I moved it upstairs.


I spent some time on Pinterest looking at what really made up the rooms I liked most. (Here's my home decor board.) I realized I like warm neutrals as a base, and pops of color as accents. So I found this brown and white striped rug, and got one big enough to fit all my furniture and extend a little bit into the walkway.


And I love stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers