Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Polaroid ceiling

Ok, I lied; they're not polaroids. But I really do have pictures strung across my ceiling. See?


This all started when I decided to string Handel's Messiah across my ceiling for Christmas. 




I finally took the letters down after 2.5 months, and my ceiling felt really naked.


So I looked at the few decorations I had up in the living room and decided to mimic the clothesline look I already had in the picture frames. 


I kept up the command hooks from the letters, and just re-strung twine in the same pattern.


I pulled the twine tight enough that it would hold several clothespins without sagging to head-height.


Then I got on a chair and hung 80 pictures back to back. This way you get a different view from each point in the room. 


This batch of pictures is mostly family, friends, important trips, and fond memories. It's a reminder of the people and experiences that have shaped me.




How do you display pictures? Which ones get places of honor in your home?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers