Friday, February 22, 2013

Salty entries and manufactured ugliness

If you hadn't noticed, I love finding what I need at thrift stores or making it myself. Unfortunately, there are some things I just can't make or find on an efficient timeline.


This is the entry. It's cute and small and cold, and with the snow it has gotten very wet and salty. I was holding out for a while, hoping I would find a great rug without resorting to a department store.


No such luck. For the sake of the floor (and my landlord) I ended up getting an industrial-looking rug and boot trays. They do a good job, but they're just kind of boring. 


They weren't even deeply discounted! It seems odd to pay department store prices for the things I like the least in the house. Maybe I'll get crazy and paint them or something.


Is there such thing as cute industrial mats?

1 comment:

  1. Look! I pinned this awhile back: http://pinterest.com/pin/29836416252727982/

    I'm not sure the mat itself is cute, but you can choose from lots of colors. They're not cheap either, but I bet they're really durable.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers