Sunday, February 17, 2013

New paint coming soon!

I have the best landlords. Really. Every year they re-invest the profit into the house, through storm windows or new furnaces or patched plaster.

I'm getting new paint.
I know it's silly compared to a new furnace, but my furnace is in great shape and the walls upstairs are not. They look like they stopped coming clean several decades ago. Remember that horrible texture?


The guest room is coming along, but I would like to have a darker color on the wall. That, and I have no patience to scrub all the stains off. I'm going with Behr's "Squirrel", which looks even better on the wall.


I love how it turned out in this room from Design Sponge:



And I'm having the hallway and stairwell painted, because there's no way I could do those ceilings.


Mmm, visible dirt and food stains...


The entrance to the attic is a different color, brushed out onto the ceiling. Don't ask me why.


If you look closely you can see a shiny spill that cascades down the wall.


Gross edges,


really high ceilings,


hand marks,


and straight-out missing chunks of plaster. Can't wait for it all to be covered!


I'm going with Benjamin Moore's "Revere Pewter", which looks kinda boring but seems perfect for the space. There aren't any windows into the hallway, so I want something light. All of the reviews say it's a perfect transitional color, and that it looks different in different lighting. And, apparently, it's Benjamin Moore's more searched-for paint color right now.


Does anyone else get really excited about new paint?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers