Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tile coasters

This is not a terribly exciting project, but they're just so cute that I had to show you. There's a fun store full of bizarre junk (and treasures) on Wealthy called Phil's Stuff. Phil has a collection of really beautiful painted tiles that I've been wanting to use for a while.


I've been looking for ways to pick up the hand-painted Italian theme in the living room, where these pillows have been on their own.



I had been thinking about making a tiled tray, but I wasn't sure how much I would use it. I finally decided to stick felt on them and call them coasters. Just one packet of felt was enough for 9 tiles, with some left over.


Look how beautifully the angles turned out!


...on some of them, anyway.


I'm starting to sense a theme. 


Do you have any themes that keep cropping up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers