Thursday, November 22, 2012

Magnets: Scrabble, Polaroids, and piranha plants

The magnets on my fridge were really easy to do and I get a lot of use out of them.


Remember how bare and desolate my kitchen used to be? It's a really good thing I had fun magnets!


I have always loved words, so Scrabble tiles were a natural choice. I'm also really bad at printing out and displaying pictures, so making my own Polaroids means I get to see the people I love. And the piranha plants and question mark boxes are from Mario. I couldn't resist. 


For the Scrabble letters I just cut out tile-sized squares of sticky magnet sheets.


For the frames I stole a basic Polaroid picture and overlaid my own pictures. You can do this with a variety of programs, or you can use http://pixlr.com/editor/ to cut out the center of the frame and layer your image underneath it. I printed the finished images out and attached them to the same sticky magnet sheets.


Same thing with the piranha plants. I maybe should have used an exacto knife, but I cut all those little pieces with scissors.

See? Super easy. Spark any magnet ideas for your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers