Sunday, July 28, 2013

Porch update

I have this kind of ugly porch. Actually, it's really ugly. For almost a full year I did nothing with this porch except make bubbles.



It was perfect for blowing bubbles, but looked pretty bleak once we were done.


I started thinking about what I wanted on the porch. I set up a little fish pond with lily pads, water lettuce, and mint. There are two cute goldfish who hang out there.


I started collecting pots from thrift stores and garage sales.
That square thing is a Glade citronella candle that smells like vanilla lavender. It's perfect for keeping the bugs away at night without smelling gross.


Purple basil, oregano, lavender, snapdragons.


I didn't get a good picture of it, but I got a double papasan chair from a friends' garage sale. It's fuzzy and comfy, and fits two people very comfortably. 


I couldn't pass up this cute shoe at a thrift store.


Disclaimer: 3 weeks after these pictures were taken most of the plants and one goldfish died. The boyfriend, however, is thriving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers