Friday, September 6, 2013

Painted handles

Confession: I am addicted to hand painted details. I used to spend far too long in the painted drawer knob aisle at World Market, trying to pick a favorite. Once I bought a knob, not knowing if I would ever use it, just because I loved it. Now it's part of my bedside table, where it matches perfectly.


I was sitting at the kitchen island the other day, staring at the sleek silver knobs on the little table next to my stove, when I realized that silver knobs don't fit that room at all. It may look a little kitchy and over-the-top, but I had to switch them out for painted ceramic knobs.



The original knobs fastened differently, so I had to do a little tweaking and even drill through a layer of solid wood. That was pretty exciting without an electric drill. I don't recommend carving through wood by hand, for the record.


I choose red and teal for the red pots and pans and the teal in the curtain on the back door.


It doesn't matter at all in the big scheme of things, but these little details make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers